We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
With fall in full swing, your blog feed is most likely inundated with hearty seasonal dishes like soup, pumpkin cheesecake, and pot pie. But if you're missing the bright flavors of summer, don't be discouraged -- filling and comforting does not have to mean bland and boring. These links feature fall recipes packed with garlic, fresh herbs, and spicy chiles. Read up, then get cooking.
- This cheesecake covers all the festive fall bases: pumpkin, ale, and salted caramel. (The Baking Bird.)
- Warm up with a steaming bowl of aromatic vegetarian pho. (Happyolks.)
- If you're looking for something a bit meatier, try this spicy green chili. (Crepes of Wrath.)
- Dress up roasted squash with chile sauce, feta, and fresh herbs. (How Sweet It Is.)
- One bowl of this garlic soup will cure whatever cold-weather blues you have. (Brooklyn Supper.)
- What's better than chicken pot pie? Miniature chicken pot pies. (My Name is Yeh.)
- Transport yourself to the tropics with these mango, coconut, and date muffins. (Vegetarian Ventures.)
- This shepherd's pie topped with thinly sliced potatoes should be your go-to comfort food this fall. (The Candid Appetite.)
Photos on top by (clockwise) The Baking Bird, Happyolks, How Sweet It Is, Crepes of Wrath
Photos on bottom by (clockwise) Brooklyn Supper, My Name is Yeh, The Candid Appetite, Vegetarian Ventures
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!