We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
All week long, you read food blogs and bookmark recipes to make, but by the time the weekend comes, you're too busy and tired to make them all.
The solution? Invite your friends over for a potluck dinner. Assign everyone something to bring -- from butternut squash soup and braised pork shoulder to spaghetti squash cakes and lamb pie -- and feast on all the fine flavors of fall. Need some inspiration? Just read these links.
- Spike your roasted butternut squash soup with apple brandy. (You won't regret it.) (Local Milk.)
- Give the sweet stuff a break and make a savory pie with lamb, apples, and curry powder, instead. (From The Kitchen.)
- While you're on a pie-for-dinner kick, try this pork version, too. (Thyme & Temp.)
- And speaking of pork, braise it in cider for a festive fall dinner. (Simply Scratch.)
- Stuff branzini with lemon, garlic, and tarragon, then bake them whole. (A Thought for Food.)
- Whip up a batch of goji-ginger-tahini cream and pour it liberally on bowls of fall vegetables and lentils. (The First Mess.)
- Step one: Make a spaghetti squash cake. Step two: Put an egg on it. (The Bojon Gourmet.)
- This hearty salad features sweet potatoes, couscous, beets, and turmeric mushrooms. (Cook Republic.)
Photos on top by (clockwise) Local Milk, From The Kitchen, Simply Scratch, Thyme & Temp
Photos on bottom by (clockwise) A Thought for Food, The First Mess, Cook Republic, The Bojon Gourmet
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!