The more you laugh,
The more you fill with glee --
And the more the glee,
The more we're a merrier we!
For the sake of merrymaking and laughing, we've rounded up the food-related articles around the 'net that made us laugh the loudest this year. We know we missed a few -- so share your favorites in the comments!
- Much to our delight, Mallory Ortberg over at The Toast rounded up all the comments on every recipe blog, most notably: “Due to dietary restrictions, I am only able to eat Yatzhee dice. I made the necessary substitutions, and it turned out great.”
- Over at Gawker, Caity Weaver reviewed the greatest restaurants in New York and also spent a week on the Paula Deen cruise ship.
- Someone left a cake out in the break room with no instructions.
- A four-year-old reviewed The French Laundry.
- Gabrielle Noone assigned astrological signs to chain restaurants on The Hairpin.
- The USDA endorses the four bowls of your roommate's cereal you eat every day.
- A bunch of adorable kids ate at Daniel.
- A decree that the appropriate punishment for storing tomatoes in the refrigerator is death by guillotine.
- The Entirety of My Thoughts As I Eat My Son's Mac and Cheese Dinner hit a little too close to home.
- McSweeney's gave us another installation of Reviews of New Food.
And, um, this wasn't a humor piece, but the author of this article would like to share a link to Jami Attenberg's "review" of La Esquina because it's smart and touching and everybody should read it.
Photo by Mark Weinberg