If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
The more you laugh,
The more you fill with glee --
And the more the glee,
The more we're a merrier we!
For the sake of merrymaking and laughing, we've rounded up the food-related articles around the 'net that made us laugh the loudest this year. We know we missed a few -- so share your favorites in the comments!
- Much to our delight, Mallory Ortberg over at The Toast rounded up all the comments on every recipe blog, most notably: “Due to dietary restrictions, I am only able to eat Yatzhee dice. I made the necessary substitutions, and it turned out great.”
- Over at Gawker, Caity Weaver reviewed the greatest restaurants in New York and also spent a week on the Paula Deen cruise ship.
- Someone left a cake out in the break room with no instructions.
- A four-year-old reviewed The French Laundry.
- Gabrielle Noone assigned astrological signs to chain restaurants on The Hairpin.
- The USDA endorses the four bowls of your roommate's cereal you eat every day.
- A bunch of adorable kids ate at Daniel.
- A decree that the appropriate punishment for storing tomatoes in the refrigerator is death by guillotine.
- The Entirety of My Thoughts As I Eat My Son's Mac and Cheese Dinner hit a little too close to home.
- McSweeney's gave us another installation of Reviews of New Food.
And, um, this wasn't a humor piece, but the author of this article would like to share a link to Jami Attenberg's "review" of La Esquina because it's smart and touching and everybody should read it.
Photo by Mark Weinberg