White egg yolks, wine parties, and whiskey in space.
Here are 6 of our favorite things we read this week:
- A cookbook doesn't just happen, it's the result of an obsessive pursuit according to Diana Henry. [The Telegraph]
- How does whiskey in space taste? Much smokier than the regular, Earth-aged batch. [The Verge]
- Even in as liberal a city as San Francisco, coming out in the kitchen can be a complicated thing, to say the least. [Medium]
- The American Egg Board has been up to some sneaky business—like crushing a vegan egg replacement start-up. [The Guardian]
- On wine tours in Napa Valley, things can quicky turn into a party. [The New York Times]
- Are white egg yolks the next big thing? [The Japan Times]
Every Sunday, we round up our favorite food reads (podcasts, and videos) from the week, so you can sit back with that cup of coffee and settle in to catch up on what's happening in the world of food.
Photos by James Ransom