The pumpkin we aren't convinced isn't an elephant, a compelling case against tipping, and Ina Garten's glorious, aspirational world.
Here are 6 of our favorite things we read this week:
- Oh my gourd—this pumpkin weighs over a ton. [Bring Me the News]
- Table for one is the new table for two. Single seatings are growing in popularity. [Daily News]
- Danny Meyer is eliminating tipping—for the benefit of his waitstaff. [Eater]
- A darling of the coffee world has been aquired by one of the giants. Talk amongst yourselves. [Business Insider]
- As it turns out, protein makes for an egg-cellent business plan. [Food + Tech Connect]
- The rise of Ina Garten's brand comes down to knowing how we want to feel, and then showing us how to feel that way. [Eater]
Every Sunday, we round up our favorite food reads (podcasts, and videos) from the week, so you can sit back with that cup of coffee and settle in to catch up on what's happening in the world of food.
Did you read anything worth sharing this week? Tell us in the comments below!
Photots by James Ransom