Things worth waiting in line for (or not), Bey's hot sauce, and a new page for wine writing.
5 of the best things we read this week:
- The ubiquitous line for the Next. Big. Food. Thing. [Grub Street]
- Wondering what to gift you date this Valentine's Day? Might we suggest a marzipan brain? [Atlas Obscura]
- Beyoncé's hot sauce lyric isn't just a declaration of her love of spicy food—it's a commentary on Black American culture. [Eater]
- Wine writing's new frontier. [Food & Wine]
- Want to eat dinner with locals in Japan? There's an app for that. [Saveur]
Did you read (or see) anything worth sharing this week? Tell us in the comments below!
Every Sunday, we round up our favorite food reads (podcasts, and videos) from the week, so you can sit back with that cup of coffee and settle in to catch up on what's happening in the world of food.