If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Apple's new design for its retail stores (hint: there will be trees!), and more design links we loved this week.
- We love alliums, both for building up our dinners with rich sweetness and for acting quite the quirky characters in our flower arrangements (above!)—and with this DIY for making crepe paper allium flowers we'll be enjoying them well beyond spring. (Design*Sponge)
- Apple's new "Genius Groves," tree-filled lounges which are set to replace sterile "Genius Bars" in their retail stores, are part of a branding overhaul to combat a recent drop in sales—and proves that no brand is safe from becoming a "lifestyle." (New York Times)
- Having a whole weekend to yourself in New York City is actually a dream come true—and armed with a list of day trips just for the solo traveler, we're canceling all our plans and packing a bag. (Man Repeller)
- In India, optical illusions are being painted on the country's dangerous roads—think crosswalks that appear as raised bunkers—in an effort to more effectively combat the high rate of accidents. (Paste)
- Whether you've got kids to entertain or just want to feel like a kiddo for a hot second, this tutorial for turning a cardboard box into a playhouse fort sounds way more fun than cleaning out your closet this weekend. (Say Yes)
- Shot in warm, pink-tinged photography, this modern bungalow home tour is equal parts homey, family-friendly, and polished. (Dust Jacket Attic)
What did you read and love on the internet this week? Share your favorite design stories in the comments.