Our new recipe contest starts right now. Runs to kitchen, grabs apron, opens recipe box, disappears—poof—into a cloud of flour. But wait! First, we have to talk about the theme: bananas and plantains. We had a feeling you guys would go, ahem, bananas for this one. We also had a feeling it would offer ample opportunity for
bad jokes puns. Isn’t this fun already?
Let’s talk shop. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bananas or plantains (or both!) are the star. Submit recipes where one of these ingredients shines bright, even shimmers, even twinkles. Of course, this is the perfect opportunity for your best banana bread or crispiest fried plantains. But, we’re also looking for…
- Out-of-the-box ideas. Recipes that make us go, Huh! Who would’ve thought? Sort of like banana jam or banana fritters—little different, totally delicious. Surprise us. Shock us! Banana peel pie? Okay, probably not. But, you catch our drift.
- A range of ripeness. How ripe do you like your banana? Late January, this query caused some drama in our office. And by drama, we mean, our editorial table couldn’t stop talking about the pros/cons of green versus yellow versus freckled versus brown. Just like you have a preference, your recipe does, too. A cake that actually wants under-ripe ’nanas? We’re listening!
- Sweet and savory. We’re expecting banana entries to lean toward the former, plantain entries toward the latter. That’s totally cool. Or, prove us wrong. Maybe there’s a savory banana bread we haven’t met—yet. Or, a plantain that dreams of becoming cake.
Now, what are you waiting for? Submit! First, make sure you’re signed in. From there, you have two options:
- If you have a banana or plantain recipe already on the site, go to that recipe page, hit “Edit Recipe” (under the photo), scroll down, hit “Submit my recipe to a contest,” select the banana/plantain contest, then save.
- If you want to add a new recipe, head to your own profile page, select “Recipes,” click “Add a Recipe,” upload it, hit “Submit my recipe to a contest,” select the banana/plantain contest, then save.
We are accepting entries until March 31. (Psst: Don't forget to check out our contest rules!) Best of luck and we can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with.
How do you feel about our latest contest theme? What theme do you want to see next? Let us know in the comments!