Rise and Shine, because we've partnered with Milk to bring you our latest contest: your all-time best creamy breakfast recipe starring real milk. Read on to get the full scoop, and find out how to enter.
If you’re not a morning person (hi, friend, nice to meet you), then you know that leaving the cozy-snug comforts of bed can be one of
the day’s life’s greatest struggles.
You also know that one of the few things that can make those wee hours of the morning just a little bit more manageable is a stellar breakfast. Even better if that breakfast is quick to get on the table and something the whole family will want to dig into. Which is why we’ve (semi-selfishly) made the theme of our latest recipe contest all about the first—and most important—meal of the day.
But we’re not talking about your typical breakfast, like say classic pancakes or fried eggs (which yes, we love very much). Because that would be too easy, right? So we're putting out the call for breakfasts that are—drumroll please—supremely creamy and comforting. You know, the kinds that make you at least feel like you’re still tucked in under the covers even when you’re up and at ‘em.
Submissions are now open, until August 16 at 6 p.m. ET. But first, a few important details:
- We want your rise-and-shine all-star. Does this breakfast dish make you want to quit hitting the snooze button and beeline it straight to the kitchen? If the answer is yes, then we want the recipe. Bonus points if it’s quick (or make-ahead!) and kid-friendly.
- The creamier and dreamier, the better. We’re talking: smoothies and shakes you can blitz in a hurry, overnight oats with allll the toppings, velvety-soft scrambled eggs, and…well, you get the idea. As much as we love eating just bacon for breakfast, crispy and crunchy isn't the theme of this breakfast party.
- You must use this secret ingredient. Ok, maybe it’s not so secret, but to make things a little bit more interesting, we’re adding another twist to this contest: You must include real milk in your recipe, you know, the dairy kind. (And don’t forget to add it to the ingredients list—we’ll be checking!)
- If you have a recipe already on the site, go to that recipe page, hit "Edit Recipe" (under the photo), scroll down, hit "Submit my recipe to a contest," select the latest contest ("Your All-Time Best Creamy Breakfast"), and save.
- If you want to add a new recipe, head to your own profile page, select "Recipes," click "Add a Recipe," upload it, hit "Submit my recipe to a contest," select the latest contest, and save.
We read every submission and test as many as possible. But that’s a lot of reading and a lot of testing! We’re counting on you to help, too. Peruse the submission pages and make (and save!) any recipe that catches your eye. Then, share feedback on the recipe page and rate it. We take all this feedback into account as we narrow down to the top five, which will be announced on September 9.
For a full refresher on how the whole contest process works, check this out.
That's all, yolks!
In partnership with Milk, an organization of milk processors around the country, we’re excited to share all the ways the Food52 community uses real milk to make their best-ever creamy breakfast. Stay tuned for our favorite recipe contest entries!