We've scoured the web, found our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
You can tell it's peak harvest season by the sheer amount of orange in the blog world right now. Butternut squash, pumpkin, sweet potato -- all are making appearances on peoples' plates. Join in on the latest food trend (orange is the new black, after all), and whip up something bright and festive this weekend. Just read these links first.
- Contrast mellow roasted squash with tart pomegranate and grapefruit. (Brooklyn Supper.)
- Whiskey and applesauce belong together in this whole grain cake. (A Sweet Spoonful.)
- Traditional cinnamon buns get an upgrade with orange and cranberries. (Smitten Kitchen.)
- Celebrate Pie Week with this pumpkin pie, made with fresh pumpkin purée. (Biscuits and Such.)
- Add a little color to the classic Spanish tortilla by using sweet potatoes instead of regular. (80 Twenty.)
- A different way to eat eggs: On top of butter beans with kale and bacon. (Seven Spoons.)
- Butternut squash plays a helpful role in these creamy vegan scalloped potatoes. (Edible Perspective.)
Photos on top by (clockwise) Brooklyn Supper, A Sweet Spoonful, Smitten Kitchen, In Praise of Leftovers
Photos on bottom by (clockwise) Biscuits and Such, 80 Twenty, Seven Spoons, Edible Perspective