This week, we're rounding up our favorite things of 2013: the prettiest, the funniest, and the nerdiest things on the internet this year.
Today: A list of the prettiest food photographs that made us swoon this year.
2013 was the year of the food photo. (You heard it here first.) With the rise in popularity of Instagram and food blogs, more people than ever were taking their food photos to the next level. With the exception of a few failures, we saw an overwhelming amount of drool-worthy photos this year. Here are 12 of the absolute best, sure to inspire you to get in the kitchen with your camera and the ever-essential props for styling.
- Cookie dough and cake come together for a picture-perfect dessert. (Pastry Affair.)
- Who knew vegan and gluten-free doughnuts could look this good? (The First Mess.)
- Salted caramel apple dumplings are one of Beth's many genius creations. (Local Milk.)
- Artichokes, bread, eggs, wine -- life's essentials. (Manger.)
- Kristy captures the beauty of a simple baked egg breakfast. (Kristy Mucci.)
- The ideal sweet breakfast: Dutch babies loaded with fresh fruit. (Kinfolk.)
- Strawberries are nestled in rye crusts to create perfectly-imperfect galettes. (Apt. 2B Baking Co.)
- These lemongrass raspberry yogurt pops almost look too pretty to eat. (Golubka.)
Photos on top by (clockwise) La Buena Vida, Pastry Affair, The First Mess, Smitten Kitchen
Photos in middle by (clockwise) Local Milk, Manger, My Name is Yeh, Kristy Mucci
Photos on bottom by (clockwise) Kinfolk, Apt. 2B Baking Co., Edible Perspective, Golubka
Tell us: What was the prettiest food photo you saw this year?