We've scoured the web, found our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
Allow us to state the obvious: It's cold out there. So cold, in fact, that you're probably having trouble mustering the will to pull out your juicers and prep your resolution-friendly raw kale salads. If you find yourself dreaming about pot pie, Monte Cristo sandwiches, and beef chili, you're not alone -- weather like this calls for some serious comfort food. These links will warm you right up.
- This hot buttered bourbon cider is the answer to all of winter's problems. (Local Milk.)
- So is this Parmesan broth, with fortifying kale and white beans. (Smitten Kitchen.)
- If crème brûlée and a Monte Cristo had a love child, it would be this (delicious) sandwich. (Lady and Pups.)
- Chicken and vegetable pot pie is the ultimate comfort food. (Vintage Mixer.)
- Nothing warms your home (and soul) quite like chili. (Two Red Bowls.)
- Slow-braised beef shank ragù is the perfect antidote to this frigid weather. (Brooklyn Supper.)
- When in doubt, revert back to childhood favorites, like these peanut butter blossoms. (Dinner was Delicious.)
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!
Photos on top by (clockwise) Local Milk, Smitten Kitchen, Lady and Pups, Vintage Mixer
Photos on bottom by (clockwise) Two Red Bowls, Brooklyn Supper, Big Girls Small Kitchen, Dinner was Delicious