Best way to pre-cook bacon & store for 2 days

I can't handle doing everything in one morning/day. I like to prep as much as I can.
When pre-cooked/cooked bacon is reheated, I'd like it to look like I just cooked it.

asked by Adeline almost 7 years ago

I make bacon ahead all the time. Just pop in the oven to crisp up. Microwave works, too.

bigpan

I bake bacon so it dies not curl as much. Use a silplat. Can store in the fridge for a few days easily.

Chefbaltz

i bake all my bacon in a sheet pan lined with parchment or foil to about 90% done, then finish the cooking/crisping in the microwave for 30 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on how crisp you like it. i store mine on parchment layers in zipper bag in the freezer for up to 1 month. it will last longer but we eat it too quickly. also, costco makes a great pre-cooked bag of bacon for $10.99 for 45 slices. it's expensive but really quick.

Baking bacon is the way to go. I too bake on parchment paper. Easy to heat-up as MrsLarkin says. It is so tasty and not as messy.

Louisa

I fry a whole package of bacon at a time, drain it on paper towels, and when it's cool it goes into a ziploc and then into the freezer.
Just pull out what you need and microwave.