A question about a recipe: Golden Panko Latkes with Sour Cream and Chives

Aff70160 16be 4f33 9fe0 e49f7c3ed4bf  112910f 419

What is panko bread? i have never heard of this.
Roy Jax

asked by Roy Jax almost 7 years ago

The Spiced Life

Japanese bread crumbs-check for them in international aisle or Asian grocery. They are kind of light and fluffy, really delicious and worth seeking out.

nutcakes

Many regular grocers now carry this excellent product so you don't have to go to an Asian specialty store any longer. They are not bread itself but large crumbs and they make an extremely light and crispy coating for anything fried.

jal579

Panko crumbs are a type of light "bread" crumbs, most often used in Asian cooking. They may be found in your local grocery in the bread aisle, in the baking aisle (maybe around the area of Shake and Bake), or with the Asian foods. Hope this helps you!