🔕 🔔

Cookie dough is SOLID out of the fridge and needs to be soft!

I made a gingerbread cookie recipe (from Joy of Cooking) and put the dough in the fridge for a few days. I just took it out of the fridge a few hours ago and it is still rock hard. I have it in the sink (in a ziplock bag) surrounded by warm water but it doesn't seem to be working. Help!

asked by LucyS almost 6 years ago

5590ce29 aa2e 417c 94ba 2fbc61134171  174060 100000008404888 3554258 n

This has worked for me. Unwrap the dough and put it on a non-slippery surface. Use a long butcher knife and rock it back and forth with a downward motion until you have cut the dough in half. Then cut each half again. The smaller sections of dough will warm up pretty fast.
Be careful with knife on the hard dough!

Keeping it in the ziplock bag, under the faucet of the sink start a slow drip of cool water. This works on frozen meats that need defrosting quickly