🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato Holiday Breakfast Buns

My frozen rolled-up dough is in the freezer. At what time today should I transfer it to the refrig. in order to bake them tomorrow? Also, A.J. said the second rise may take more than 45 minutes if the dough is very cold. About how much longer? I always have difficulty knowing when my rolls have risen enough. Thanks so much!

asked by pamelalee almost 6 years ago

I'd put them in the fridge right now. They may rise in the fridge overnight, once thawed, so you'll have to play it by ear. If your fridge is really cold, and they seem not to have thawed much by the time you go to bed, take them out and put them in a cool place. Make sure they're tightly wrapped, in case they thaw and start rising crazily. Yeast doughs can be wild and unpredictable. Wish I could be more helpful, but there are just so many variables at work here . . . . ;o)

Df22d5a8 cffd 43dd ac3d 64db8c8aa056  pamelalee

AJ, thanks so much for taking the time to answer. I know you are in the midst of a busy day. Happy Holidays!