A question about a recipe: Cheese Crispettes

3aaa878d f224 429e a669 10bdc3a3cbe9  6535762591 ed57b7b8f7 z

I have a question about the ingredient "panko bread crumbs" on the recipe "Cheese Crispettes" from drbabs.

asked by Terry Henkel almost 7 years ago

Panko, which means bread crumbs in Japanese, can be purchased in most grocery stores. It is very finely ground bread and is very light. It doesn't absorb oil as much so keeps foods light and not greasy. I suppose you could make your own, but much easier to purchase and worth it.

Just seeing this--sorry! SKK is right, and the original recipe called for rice krispies cereal, so you could use that instead--you want the light crunch.