Caramel turned rock..lolz

I made caramel today with the recipe of salted caramel with pepitas, i followed each step very well . everything went well but once they cooled down they were a lot harder than expected. what could have gone wrong? Can I save this batch or not..We really like chewy..

asked by PistachioDoughnut over 6 years ago

PistachioDoughnut

I didn't mean to say rock, bu they stick a lot to teeth..not soft chewy..

Mr_Vittles

Your temperature was probably a bit too high. Your current batch is probably un-salvageable, but mighty tasty anyway.

PistachioDoughnut

Hooray! My batch was saved.. for trying out initially, I melted a little of it in microwave with a little bit of milk and it turned out really good..it became caramel sauce. So, the next day I took the whole batch melted it over heat and added a little bit of cream. They came out exactly the way I wanted them to be...although this time I made them a little more soft, but far more consumable.,then cooled , dipped them into chocolate and garnished with roasted macadamia nuts and packed them in plastic and sent them all the way to India. Here's a picture of it.

Mr_Vittles

Looks great Devangi! Congrats!!! ^0^