How to roast chestnuts??

asked by pedant over 6 years ago

babytiger

Cut a slit in each chestnut and roast in oven. Temp should be about 375. How long will depend on size. I would start checking after 30 minutes or so.

calendargirl

I roast a bit hotter than babytiger --- 425 degrees. You can put a little X on the flat surface of each chestnut, and the four triangles made by the intersecting lines of the X will peel back as the chestnuts roast. It takes me about 15 - 20 minutes at 425 to get nicely roasted chestnuts in my oven. if you have a good toaster oven (I love our new Breville) and a small quantity of chestnuts, you can roast in that -- very handy. Be sure to peel them as soon as they are cool enough to handle, or it will be really hard to get them clean.

Panfusine

I did a blog post with pictures some time ago.. Hope it helps
http://www.panfusine.com...