🔕 🔔

Fried dumplings

I am planning to make some vegetarian dumplings using ready made gyoza wrappers. I was thinking of making them ahead and then warm them in oven or microwave. Is it ok to do so or should I steam/fry them once my friends have arrived and serve it . Any recipe suggestions. I have few things in mind of using mushrooms, carrots, cabbage etc with ginger and soya sauce. anything else?

asked by PistachioDoughnut over 5 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Are you talking 'pot stickers'. Which are truly fried and steamed. Those should be cooked on demand but you can assemble them before. Sounds like you have a good game plan for the stuffing. Green onion, or sprouts maybe? But you want to keep it simple.

Steamed dumping can be assembled ahead of time and steamed and before service. Just leaving a simmer of steam to keep them warm for a couple of hours.

A hoisin sauce would be good in those with some tofu, with a small dice cube.

My favorite dipping sauces: Coleman's English Powdered mustard (mix with water and stir, the more you stir the hotter it gets).
Soy sauce/Ginger/garlic/light veggie oil--a touch of mustard if you wish.

7c4e3778 a9ef 4b22 a4b5 bb759212c530  dsc 6356

Thanks Sam! Yes, I was talking about pot stickers.. I am definitely planning to use scallions or green onions may be some chives also... Keeping it simple is really my idea... With tasty flavors...

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Devangi.. did you just change your name to pistachiodoughnut??

Hahaaa!!! Yes, I was thinking For quite a while... Finally came to two things I like... So I had small naming ceremony... So, my new name is PistachioDoughnut!

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

http://www.food52.com/recipes... -- for filling suggestions

Thanks Susan g ! I am planning on including most of the ingredients from this recipe..