A question about a recipe: Braised Moroccan Chicken and Olives

911657b7 99aa 46d2 94f9 7bdc529658ee  2015 0730 braised moroccan chicken and olives james ransom 359

I have a question about the ingredient "preserved lemons, pulp removed; rind cut into strips" on the recipe "Braised Moroccan Chicken and Olives " from Sonali aka the Foodie Physician.

asked by Craig Noke over 6 years ago

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

You can buy preserved lemons for immediate satisfaction, or you can make them but that takes a while. If that doesn't answer your question feel free to post it in the comments.

ubs2007

I LOVE, LOVE this recipe! I couldn't find preserved lemons in NYC (I think the stores were out of stock) so I simply peeled the lemon and used the lemon strips. It worked out beautifully for a dinner party of 8 and people are still talking about it! Enjoy!

I don't know why most recipes call for discarding the pulp of preserved lemons. Maybe it's textural, cosmetic. But personally, I just chop the entire well preserved lemon pulp and all.