🔕 🔔

How do I keep spaghetti squash from being watery when I serve it with sauce? I've tried draining it and wringing it out in tea towels, neithe

asked by Jen Raskin over 5 years ago

B5d4c31e d9a4 4f0e ae4e ecaa0cf95de6  dsc 0253 2
Miranda Rake

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

How exactly are you cooking it? And with what sauce? I'm sure there is a way to make sure it's not watery, and I don't think you'd need to wring it out.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

After I have baked the squash halves and scooped out the strands, I spread on a sheet pan and pop into the oven to help reduce the moisture. I do not mix sauce with but rather serve with a spoonful of sauce on top. Although called spaghetti it is very delicate and is not pasta. It will always get messy if you try to mix in a sauce like you can with al dente pasta.

B8f19483 b6dd 4ee8 b288 d1e5d79af410  face

I toss the squash (after its been baked and scooped) in a sauté pan with some EVOO. The water is taken care of.