🔕 🔔

Can cream be frozen?

I have an unopened plastic container of "heavy whipping cream" -- not homogenized, "lowest temperature pasteurized"-- that has a "best by" date of today. Can I freeze this for use later?

asked by Randi over 5 years ago

79fe99ab 9095 4d5b 9f2c 9611b8f93bba  food

You can freeze and use it later. It will separate in the freez

... Continuing
It's will separate in the freezer but will be fine.

When I have heavy cream that I can't use right away I just shake it into butter and buttermilk to extend the life. I use way more butter than I do heavy cream.

My mum always used to whip leftover cream, and pipe it into dollops and open freeze them. Then when she wanted to, she'd decorate the tops of desserts with them. It defrosts quickly, and holds it shape.