Can I save a too-reduced basalmic reduction?

Over did my reduction just a tad. It doesn't tase burned, but it's too thick. Can I try to thin this out with something (more basalmic?) Or is it beyond repair?

asked by PhillipBrandon over 6 years ago

ChefOno

Yep, water should do the trick.

The Spiced Life

All that reducing does is remove water, so I would think you could add water, as hardlikearmour says.

ChefOno

Well, not exactly. You only make the mistake of putting your head over the saucier once.

m1800

Add some caramelized onions and a pinch of brown sugar to make a sweet onion jam

LornaFarris

As almost everyone else has said - adding a little water should help! However, depending on how reduced it is, you may have something great! I once worked in a restaurant where we made a very thick almost caramely balsamic reduction and drizzled it around and over a wonderful portobello-chevre-spinach-roasted pepper Napoleon. Yum. I'm drooling just thinking about it!

Stevecarr99

It sounds a little weird but what you have is awesome on ice cream and strawberrys! Try it.