🔕 🔔

Can in refrigerate a reduction that's halfway done and then finish reducing it tomorrow?

The pomegranate molasses I'm making is taking FOREVER and I really need to get some sleep!

asked by Emily Williamson about 2 years ago

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

Sure! It may thicken in the fridge, which can be good...or bad, depending on the recipe. The only risk is if it's already syrupy, and the overnight chill hardens it...but it doesn't seem like you're at that stage yet.
Go to sleep, Emily W!

A9a2aeaa 63dd 499f 95e3 e50e06b6baf2  stringio

Thanks for your answer. It started going a bit faster so I decided to stick it out and it took about another hour and a quarter.