🔕 🔔

Where to store spices, veggies if house is humid all year long?

I read your article on storing groceries. Problem is, I have no cool, dry places in my house. I live in the tropics and our walls are made out of brick, so that is double the moisture problem. Do you have any suggestions for this type of kitchen environment? Thanks, Christine A.

asked by cristinita over 5 years ago

Ee6e1f61 c2e2 48b1 b500 bb90cc2c5b83  itsme

When not in use, our crock pot sits in the bottom of our pantry as a make-shift root cellar. The pantry is all interior walls, and it's generally cooler closer to the ground. Between this and the nice ceramic crock, it may not be the ideal "cool, dry environemnt," but it's definitely coolER and driER than sitting on the counter-top.