Looking for a creative rum cocktail. Any ideas? It's warm and sunny here in souther ca and we're having friends over for an early dinner.

9154b2d1 819f 4ca5 8e41 07ab96c52e41  63427 looking for a creative rum cocktail.any ideas it s warm and sunny here in souther ca and we re having friends over for an early dinner

We'll be outside on the rooftop deck!

asked by Wellington Wizard over 6 years ago

LE BEC FIN

do you like cardamom? i make this recipe, steeping my rum way in advance, but you can punt by adding cracked or ground seeds into the drink directly.

http://food52.com/recipes...

How about a mojito? http://latinfood.about.com/od/beverages/r/mojito.htm

AndyFL

My wife's carribean favorite is real simple - pineapple juice and coconut rum

beyondcelery

I created this one for a Hindenburg party (A Celebration in Memoriam of the Hindenburg Disaster).

Tesla's Coil
1oz spiced rum, 1oz blueberry rum, .5oz ginger syrup, splash lemon juice, ginger ale, twist lemon peel

Blueberry rum is just white or spiced rum with blueberries soaked in it. It's very flavorful if you soak them for a couple of weeks, but a couple of hours will still give you a nice flavor, especially if you use frozen blueberries. Ginger syrup is simple syrup with about 2-inches raw ginger added at the beginning for 1 cup water. Your rooftop deck is amazing!

Midge

The ancient mariner is a new favorite in our house. You do need one obscure ingredient though --allspice dram--but it does makes the drink.

http://www.seriouseats...

ChefOno

It's spring. Try a variation on a mojito (or better yet, a caipirinha) by adding fresh basil.