🔕 🔔

What's the best synchronizable iPad + iPhone App for grocery list / cooking notes management

I'm wondering what iPad / iPhone apps you like for organizing menu planning, grocery lists, cooking notes, etc. (not necessarily recipes, though i suppose that would be a nice-to-have). I need to be able to synchronize back and forth easily, so that I have current information on each -- well, at least all the food shopping information -- at all times. Thank you, everyone. ;o)

Dc6dab61 0a80 4308 b0cf d5d06d9d7ac1  kroka kitchen

To be honest, I just use the check-list feature on my iPhone and iPad for grocery shopping. I also use Evernote when planning for parties, because then I can add pictures of table settings, wines, and the food, of course, to keep a sort of scrapbook to remind me of what I did for next time. However, I am sure there are more well-developed systems out there and would love to know what others use.

D347253b 88e5 4ba1 ab1b 7b10260231b2  stringio

I like Evernote. It automatically syncs my iPad, iPhone and laptop.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I use an app called ShopShop. You can make your list on one device and sync to the other. I made headings (meat, fish, veg., etc.) to make life easier for myself.
You can also make multiple lists for different stores you shop at (grocery, pharmacy, bionic, etc.).

Ee6e1f61 c2e2 48b1 b500 bb90cc2c5b83  itsme

I use OurGroceries on android, but it is available for iOS as well. It's amazingly simple and straightforward for shopping list management, synched across multiple devices. You can also create a 'recipe' which is basically a saved set of ingredients that it will automatically add to your list if you tell it you'd like to make that dish.

91d03caa 39b1 4271 a0eb 812478013d08  dsc 0031cropped

If it's just lists between the iPad and iPhone, I just use the Notes app that comes with each (it looks like a littele yellow notepad). Recipes I keep on evernote, but that requires an internet connection. With Notes, changes are pushed to each device. I keep one list for grocery store and one for hardware on it pretty much constantly.

Check out one called Orchestrate.

Sorry, it's called Orchestra To-Do.

B458ca68 5ae8 46f2 8807 ae70f62c5d8a  stringio

I like ziplist - it easily syncs between my computer and iPhone. The website also allows you to easily "clip" and store recipes from websites in a recipe box so you can then just add the ingredients from that recipe to your list. I'm still waiting for an easy way to get my recipes out of my google reader and into a grocery list!.

Ziplist
http://get.ziplist.com...

I use ShopShop as well for grocery lists, but it doesn't work for menu planning, notes, etc. It is great for shopping lists though. You can create multiple lists and it keeps a list of things you buy often so you don't have to retype them every time.

For recipes and menu planning, I use an iPad app called Paprika for recipes, menus, shopping lists, etc. You can go to must URLs and just have to click "save recipe" to enter it into your cookbook. You can then email yourself a shopping list. It doesn't have an iPhone equivalent that I know of though (but I haven't looked recently).

E87ec0d7 dd72 44a5 a3d2 8bcf35606cf1  stringio

I like am sure there are extra well-developed systems out there and would love to know what others use, it’s wonderfully simple and straightforward for shopping list management, Clicks here

Edf88731 da91 4918 b206 5adaee8e54e0  logo

Other apps you'd recommend for Android OS (besides Phillp Brandon's OurGroceries)?

There might be some helpful tips in this article: https://food52.com/blog...

A3163b07 c12d 4dfd 835f afb0bc1bcff3  open uri.24967

I use Google Docs

31296660 5c23 4c97 a11a 86e1b1cf4388  llllllllllllooh

We use Cozi, you can link with an email address. I have it on Android but I'm pretty sure it's available on the Apple Store too. We use it for grocery and for keeping track of what bills are paid when and by how much, we don't really need more of a notes app. I do my menu planning right in the grocery list part of the app