🔕 🔔

Pasta with pecorino and pepper

I have been trying to make Cacio e pepe. I have been using a recipe I heard and saw on television...test kitchen show! As I understand, starchy cooking liquid is the key. I cook the pasta in a smal amount of water which I then use to make the sauce. It always tastes great, but the cheese sticks to the bowl and becomes very "gummy". Any suggestions for the delicious Italian dish?

asked by runtothetable over 5 years ago

Mario batali makes a great version at his restaurant. Here's a recipe I found:
http://www.foodnetwork...

I'm also thinking your cheese may be getting gummy due to the liquid you are adding. If you are boiling your pasta in too little water, the cooking liquid would likely be too starchy.