Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Assist me in creating a simple cheese platter and pair it with wine....

Would love some ideas on creating a simple cheese platter with 3 to 4 cheeses and the wine that should go with!

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 4 years ago
84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

The cheesemongers at the Bedford Cheese Shop helped us with this guide to making a cheese plate!

http://food52.com/blog...

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Also the cheesemongers and sommeliers at WF tend to be pretty knowledgeable. If you tell them what your plan is, they will help you make good choices.

Wholefoods user icon

Thank you all for your suggestions.....gives me a place to start!!!

Petitbleu, I love your description of Oude Gouda! Great summary too- one blue, one soft, one hard makes for a great cheeseboard.
I'd also say that it's wrth speaking to your cheese monger/the person on the cheese counter as they'll know what's ripe/recommend a nice local cheese/suggest something you might not have thought of. They ay also point you in the direction f a wine in store that's a good match too...

Three Christmas' ago I asked a new cheese monger for the usual festive selection. She persuaded me to allow her to select just three cheeses from one region, for a family party she then sleeted three cheeses or a particular type from different areas and we have been following the same theme ever since and they have always gone down really well. It really helps focus on the cheese and with just three it doesn't become a dominating part of the meal/evening.