Assist me in creating a simple cheese platter and pair it with wine....

Would love some ideas on creating a simple cheese platter with 3 to 4 cheeses and the wine that should go with!

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

The cheesemongers at the Bedford Cheese Shop helped us with this guide to making a cheese plate!

http://food52.com/blog...

Also the cheesemongers and sommeliers at WF tend to be pretty knowledgeable. If you tell them what your plan is, they will help you make good choices.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Thank you all for your suggestions.....gives me a place to start!!!

Esther Plume

Petitbleu, I love your description of Oude Gouda! Great summary too- one blue, one soft, one hard makes for a great cheeseboard.
I'd also say that it's wrth speaking to your cheese monger/the person on the cheese counter as they'll know what's ripe/recommend a nice local cheese/suggest something you might not have thought of. They ay also point you in the direction f a wine in store that's a good match too...

beno510

Three Christmas' ago I asked a new cheese monger for the usual festive selection. She persuaded me to allow her to select just three cheeses from one region, for a family party she then sleeted three cheeses or a particular type from different areas and we have been following the same theme ever since and they have always gone down really well. It really helps focus on the cheese and with just three it doesn't become a dominating part of the meal/evening.