ice cream

when making an ice cream with fruit juice, what is the proper way to incorporate the juice without having a crystally end product? Im thinking of make a strong reduction and adding to my custard.

asked by brandon over 6 years ago

That's a good idea. Also, use heavy cream (more fat than in milk or half and half), let your mixture get very cold before you run it through your ice cream freezer, and add about an ounce of alcohol to the mixture. All those will help prevent crystal formation.

drbabs has the right idea here. I was going to say use cream instead of milk in the recipe.

ChefOno

Ditto

ChefOno

I mean ditto to drbabs. Well, both really.

meulenbeld

The thing to do is to use 40% of suger to your total volume. If you want your ice cream less sweet, use more fat (cream, butter), dry ingredients (milk powder) or for instance gelatine. Reducing your fruit coulis enhances taste and indeed The brede smout of sigaret.

meulenbeld

Sorry. Auto correction. Reducing does indeed mean you can use less suger.