🔕 🔔

canning recipe for apriums

I'm getting a large box of apriums this coming weekend and while I know I can probably use a jam, butter or preserve recipe for apricots or plums with them, I'm wondering if any of you has a recipe developed specifically for apriums? Thanks!

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

0bc70c8a e153 4431 a735 f23fb20dda68  sarah chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

I can't give any advice on the question, but I had to look up what an aprium was and thought I'd share. It's also known as a pluot for those who are familiar with that fruit.

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

I just googled "pluot jam recipes" (that's the name I know them by, too) and there were LOTs of options. You may want to google "canning pluots" too, in case you decide to simple can them in syrup.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Pluots have always been a mystery - why someone would want to take a perfectly great plum and a perfectly great apricot and combine them into a pluot, and then leave room for debate as to what % is each - confounds me. You can waterbath can pluots following the same directions for plums or apricots.
Other than that, any recipe using plums or apricots would be wonderful. Ice cream, relishes, sorbets, drinks, grilled, roasted, mashed. No limits.

Don't know why, but suddenly the thought of grilled pluots is filling me with longing...

Diane B - don't know where you live, but here in the not-so-sunny NW, we won't be seeing local pluots for about two more months. Sigh.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Well, SeaJambon, here in Southern California, a lot of them have been hail-damaged, but with jam, it hardly matters, eh? For some oddball reason, I didn't realize that pluots and apriums were the same hybrid - I wonder why the two different names (although I must say aprium is a bit easier to say than pluot...). Thanks, all!

Aprium may be easier to say, but it sounds a lot like an outdoor space in a building. Just sayin'... ;)

Me, I'm waiting for apricots!

Ce56d1c2 2e8e 45ba bcf7 fc919649742d  fb avatar

I would if I knew what it was.

Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

And you would know, janet, if you'd read the rest of the replies.