🔕 🔔

Wondering why raspberry curd didn't thicken well?

asked by Sme over 5 years ago

5ba86c99 9458 4f29 aba0 0796577d2cea  jwl 001

What recipe did you follow? I made strawberry curd today and it likewise did not set. Fruit was too wet, I think.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Did you cook it long enough? It should reach 175 degrees, coating the back of the spoon, you know the test I'm sure. I have made cream or curd from different types of fruits and berries and stick to the same basic proportions as the original recipe but cooking it long enough is key IMHO.

923a5e35 cc67 4f82 b4e5 024184d94660  open uri20141030 6777 167tand

Use a candy thermometer when making curd. If it's not thick enough, adjust your heat to keep it between 170F and 175F for a longer period, stirring all the while. It will thicken.