🔕 🔔

What is the best type of fig?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 5 years ago

7847c50b 046d 4a56 b67a e57ffadf430d  img 5292

My favorite are green figs, also called white adriatic figs. They're bright red/pink on the inside and have a great fresh and sweet flavor. I love them raw, but have also roasted them, wrapped in bacon. They release a sweet syrup when cooked.

Cd7ee448 49b9 4d61 a17c 8d8056cb1bce  september2013

It depends on what you're doing with it. For just eating, the Calimyrna fig (golden in color) is a good one if you can find it. For putting into recipes, the Mission (purple in color and prettiest, in my estimation) and for making pastes and what-not, the golden-colored Adriatic fig, for it's higher sugar content. For growing, I have no idea but would love to get tips on that.

For me, the best fig is whichever kind of fresh fig I have in my kitchen ! I love 'em all.