Last minute potluck idea

The week has gotten away from me and I need an easy delicious idea of some food to take with me. I have some time I can devote to it, but I don't want to have to heat up the kitchen. I'd love any suggestions!

asked by missb503 over 6 years ago

Cristina Sciarra

A main? A side? A dessert?

missb503

Oh good point! It's a large party with no guidance beyond "bring something". I'm leaning towards a side but I'm open!

I have enjoyed skewers of food at potluck. You could do mixed fruits, the mozzarella ball--cherry tomato--basil combination, or a similar idea that I just encountered -- balls of goat cheese rolled in chopped nuts with small pieces of marinated sundried tomatoes.

I'm confronting pot luck tomorrow myself. This is not so bad given that I feel no obligation to please anyone's particular taste so it's always an opportunity to test recipes on the unsuspecting.
I'm thinking about either a chilled melon gazpacho or tomato gazpacho, or else a repeat of the Tiki Tacos (using SPAM) which were actually a hit the last time I made them.

Today I got a craving for a layered salad, the one with the mayo/sour cream dressing that gets chilled overnight, I think you can get away with a couple hours.

kimhw

I am really into quinoa salads right now. I made a Greek style one the other day. Feta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and geek olives, herbs and olive oil. It was great!