What's the best cut of Veal for the grill?

Veal Rib Chops, Loin Chops, or something else? Based on price rib chops are the most expensive. Would love to hear what you all think.

asked by jessie schupack over 6 years ago

Rib chop for sure. Preferrably double thick if you have a real butcher who will cut it for you. Simple treatment is best; real wood smoke, salt, pepper and some lemon juice.

Agreed - but the t-bone looking one (is that the loin chop?) runs a close second and tends to be a bit less spendy - in case money IS an object. We throw fresh rosemary branches on the grill for a rosemary scented smoke - pretty terrific.

chef of the future 2000

Mario Batali has some great recipes for veal in his Italian Grill cookbook. He uses a Piastra which is a granite or cast iron flat griddle used over a grill. He uses veal cutlets ( pounded thin) and cooks them with peppers, onions, olives, and figs.