🔕 🔔

homemade greek yogurt is dry nothing like the store brand

Have you had the Cabot Greek Plain yogurt from the supermarket? it's amazing (creamy and soft). I was trying to make homemade version of it by (straining regular plain yogurt) and it was nothing like the brand. Mine was too dry. Any idea how I can make delicious greek style yogurt?

asked by urbanmarilyn over 5 years ago

31cdd18a 4275 4bee ae5a 88bcb2eea6c3  jillian

How long did you strain it? If it was just a matter of dryness, you could try straining for a shorter period of time.
It's also possible that the plain yogurt you used has different bacteria than the Greek yogurt you like, which would also affect the flavour.