🔕 🔔

meringue question

I want to make the Coffee S'mores Pie from my new Bon Appetit magazine. The meringue is egg whites and sugar. The recipe says to toast with a kitchen torch "if desired" . I dont have a torch, but I want it toasted. Any suggestions? The crust is made of graham crackers and the filling is a rich chocolate ganache. Can I put it under the broiler instead?

asked by Stephanie G over 5 years ago

9fe0c12c e20f 4669 bb88 2c31ee17d5e2  french river

Broiler is the answer! Just make sure to keep an eagle eye on it and you will be good to go. It will look toasted and delicious!

Yes, the broiler. that is the way my mother did it and the meringues on her pies were gorgeous. Rule 1: Once you put the pie under the broiler, do not move away and do not try to do something else while the top browns!