🔕 🔔

Freezing basil?

Leaving for a 9 day vacation in 2 hours. Had every intention of making pesto last night with our bumper basil crop but got home really late for work. Can I freeze it? Put it in a glass of water in the fridge?

asked by MTMitchell over 5 years ago

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

I found an earlier thread on this very topic: http://www.food52.com/hotline...

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

Awesome. Thank you for that! Processes with oil and in little bags in freezer. Also "bumper crop" looks not so bumper after being processed!

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Too late for your departure, but i freeze whole basil leaves all the time for use in sauces, soups, stews, etc. Store in a ziploc freezer bag.