Who's been to Madrid?

Heading to Madrid this weekend, sadly only for a few days. What are your must-try dishes, restaurants, and everything else?

• Posted by: LucyS
  • July 10, 2012

Maedl July 10, 2012

Ah! Churros at St. Ginés and tapas at Mercado de San Miguel. Both are just off of the Plaza Mayor. And on your way between chocolate and churros and tapas, cross through Plaza Mayor. Snag a table at one of the cafes in the Plaza, sip wine and enjoy the scene..

a Whole Foods Market Customer

YES!! to above

bigpan
bigpan July 10, 2012

When going to a tapa bar, walk in and check out the tapa display before deciding to stay or not. Some feature meats others feature seafood. Usually a glass display showing off half a dozen items. Note the number of 'locals' and consider roaming and grazing at two or three bars.

Seattle Mark
Seattle Mark July 11, 2012

We're going to Madrid too in september. Also Seville and Barcelona so welcome any foodie musts too.

lloreen
lloreen July 11, 2012

octopus on "la plancha"!! so tender and the spices are perfect. I had some delicious octopus in random tapas bars late at night. But check out the Chowhound boards - that is where I get my restaurant info for travel.