Left a cooked rib-eye roast out on the counter overnight!

I cooked a three-pound rib-eye roast last night and left it on the counter to cool. Our dinner plans changed and I completely forgot about the roast until 7 am when I sat bolt up in bed screaming to myself, "You didn't!" But I did. It sat out for 12 hours. Is it okay to eat? Or is it going in the trash? Help!

asked by Susige about 6 years ago

Lennon'sMom

i would trash it. Hard to do, but not worth the risk

SMSF
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

I would not eat it. Too bad about wasting food but it's better than foodbourne illness any day.

The USDA agrees that you should toss it http://www.fsis.usda.gov...

lakshmi

I would trash it too.. 12 hrs is a long time for meat to be out.

The good news is that you'll probably never do it again.