🔕 🔔

Can you provide a transcription of Tamar Adler's video about cooking brightners?

My laptop doesn't have sound anymore and the video's close captioning was in "transcribed English." However, the transcription does not make sense at all. I point this out because you may have some deaf readers who would depend on a correct written transcription.

asked by LNorman over 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your laptop speakers! We wish we could provide transcription services for all of our videos, but with our tiny staff and busy schedules it isn't possible at the moment.

Tamar improvised her instructions in the video and wasn't working from a script. I know a lot of it came out of her book An Everlasting Meal, so perhaps you could check that out!

Oh, yikes, I forgot to add that this is arguably a derivative work under the copyright laws or go beyond whatever consent was granted by Adler, so if the transcription I just posted does in fact create a legal issue, I would ask the editors please to remove it. Thanks! ;o)

1f596ae9 f36c 4022 8b52 0c8583fd70b0  meg b f52

Incredibly kind and generous AJ - what a community here :)

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

AJ, you are the best.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Wow, AJ you are amazing.

Awww, you all are so nice. It was sort of interesting for me to do this, because it was in essence the reverse activity of something I did a few years ago (but on a much smaller scale) . . . I read into a tape recorder an entire book, for the benefit of a nearly blind woman in my church, so that she could participate in a particularly interesting study group, the book for which was not available "on tape." This was easier in some ways, and harder in others! ;o)