What is beef stock concentrate?

asked by fislander almost 6 years ago

JanetFL

Bovril is a beef stock concentrate - not always easy to find.

...and there are always bouillon cubes.

JanetFL

Fislander, wonder why you're asking....I have a great recipe for "Bovril toast". Do you have a recipe calling for beef stock concentrate?

Bovil isn't really 'stock' it's blended with yeasts.

You can find 'stock' concentrates in most supermarkets.
I normally prefer the Knorrs crystallized powder stuff instead of cube. It seems less salty. The pastes and liquids, to me, seem far more salty. Which could be that that powder gives you more control than a 'cube'.

I use the powder for flavoring the water in rice and vegies when I don't have a stock on hand. Just cut back on the salt.