Restaurants near NYC's Imperial Theater

I'm looking for suggestions for restaurants for lunch located near NYC's Imperial Theater (249 W 45th St). Hoping for some delicious recommendations!

asked by JanetFL about 6 years ago

Sadly the theater district is also Times Square. Not much inthe way of deliciousness in that neighborhood. We once had an acceptable (but not great) meal at Ellen's Diner before a matinee, but can't say there's any place I can recommend wholeheartedly.

JanetFL

ChefJune, do you have a recommendation for a restaurant in an area that would not be too far away? I would rather travel than settle for something mediocre.

Becco was good the last time I was there, but that's been some time ago. I would probably eat in the Village and grab the 2-3 up before showtime. My favorite lunch spot in the Village is El Charro, a small Spanish restaurant @ 4 Charles (between Greenwich AVE & 7th Ave South).

It's true - the pickings are slim right around Times Square. But there's Becco on W. 46th, east of 9th Ave. (owned by Lidia Bastianich & son.) I've only had dinner there - which was good and not too expensive, but lunch probably good too.

JanetFL

Amysarah, thanks for the suggestion. We will check Becco!

JanetFL

ChefJune and amysarah, thank you so much for your responses. We now have two good choices!

healthierkitchen

what about David Chang's Ma Peche? It's not right there but it's not too far a walk

JanetFL

Thank you, healthierkitchen! I'm adding Ma Peche to my list!

Love this place! http://www.opentable.com/churrascaria-plataforma

JanetFL

Just checked out Churrascaria-Plataforma website - looks unique and wonderful!