🔕 🔔

Pork cutlets-/ temperature and cooking time

asked by Ellen72 about 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Cooking time will depend on method and thickness of the cutlet -- typically they're quite thin so it shouldn't be long. USDA recently lowered their recommendation for pork internal temperature to 145, as long as it's rested a few minutes after cooking -- hooray!

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Depends. Oven or cooktop? Thickness?

Try: Breading and frying in butter over medium-low heat until GBD (maybe 2 min. / side). Temp should be 135F.

Unless you're from the USDA. Then I swear I always cook them to 145F.

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

If they're more than 1/2 inch thick you can pound them out a little. Then I definitely like the bread and pan fry option. As for time, with meat this thin, I make sure I get the pan hot enough, then I just "cook to color". When the breading on both sides is nice and golden brown, they're done. But this only works if your pan is nice and hot when you put them in.