🔕 🔔

Ling Cod

Friends just returned from a very successful fishing trip in Alaska and have loaded us down with a variety of lovely fish. The salmon and halibut I know exactly what to do with, but the ling cod is a mystery. How would you could 1.5 lbs of ling cod?

asked by SeaJambon about 5 years ago

Ling cod has a mild sweet flavor and firm white texture, so you cook it like any mild tasting firm white fish. My favorite lazy way is to season with salt and pepper and pan fry it. Serve with a wedge of lemon or a butter-caper sauce.

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Meat looks like cod, but is not real cod. So, you can treat it like cod since the meat is light a large flakes. Great breaded and fried. I like to coat in rice flour and sauté, then finish with miso, dashi, and mirin with some dulse flakes and green onions finely sliced.

07825364 abc5 42f5 bd7f f2a77f00dff0  20090907 jackson 8

I have a freezer-ful of Ling Cod, and my favorite way to cook it is from Amanda Hesser's book Cooking for Mr. Latte. Slow Roasted Cod: Place filets in a roasting pan coated with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with sea salt. Roast at 250 for 30 minutes or so, basting with the pan juices. Serve with Romesco sauce.