The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

How long and st what temp should I cook a 2 pound Roaster chicken .... And why oh why do my potatoes never cook do well

asked by Lu over 4 years ago
02a71b01 80a4 4025 a390 1796c80a5083  photo 15

There are more ideas about roasting chicken than almost any cooking project. Just for simplicity: Roast your small (2#) chicken, brushed with oil or butter and salted/peppered in a preheated 400 or even 425 degrees Fahrenheit oven and it should be done in about an hour. Check the temperature- using an instant-read thermometer- to be sure; it should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit according to USDA standards. It's legs should also move easily and the juices of the bird should run clear when you cut it.
And why not cut up your potatoes, toss them with some oil, salt and pepper, and roast them along with your chicken? (You could add some cut up carrots and onions, too, and call it dinner.)
P.S. If the legs or thighs aren't done, but the breast is, cut them off and roast them a bit longer while you eat (or keep warm) the breasts. That works for turkey, too.
Enjoy your chicken and potatoes!