Forgot the salt

Lemon loaf cake is baking and I just realized I forgot the salt. How bad is this?

asked by Food odyssea almost 6 years ago

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Hmmm. Not much you can do about it now - just taste it and see :) I once forgot the salt in my pastry crust and it was really noticeable. Perhaps with a lemon cake it won't be as much.

The thing about salt: if you put too much in you can't take it out; if you forget to put it in you can't fix it with a salt shaker.

Linn

I did that recently with a batch of oatmeal cookies. They taste better with salt. But what can you do. Just call it an original creation and enjoy!

Food odyssea

I like your attitude. Cake is just cooling now. Think I will give a taste to my husband and see if he notices anything.

Food odyssea

Good news. The cake was a hit. Guess salt isn't necessary in this recipe. Thanks for all your help!!