Forgot the salt

Lemon loaf cake is baking and I just realized I forgot the salt. How bad is this?

Reiney
Reiney October 20, 2012

Hmmm. Not much you can do about it now - just taste it and see :) I once forgot the salt in my pastry crust and it was really noticeable. Perhaps with a lemon cake it won't be as much.

pierino October 20, 2012

The thing about salt: if you put too much in you can't take it out; if you forget to put it in you can't fix it with a salt shaker.

Linn
Linn October 20, 2012

I did that recently with a batch of oatmeal cookies. They taste better with salt. But what can you do. Just call it an original creation and enjoy!

Food odyssea
Food odyssea October 20, 2012

I like your attitude. Cake is just cooling now. Think I will give a taste to my husband and see if he notices anything.

Voted the Best Reply!

sdebrango October 20, 2012

You could glaze it, a lemon glaze using lemon juice, 10x sugar and a pinch of salt, poke a few holes in the loaf pour the glaze on it and it will soak into the cake, the lack of salt may not be as noticeable with a glaze.

Food odyssea
Food odyssea October 21, 2012

Good news. The cake was a hit. Guess salt isn't necessary in this recipe. Thanks for all your help!!