🔕 🔔

Forgot the salt

Lemon loaf cake is baking and I just realized I forgot the salt. How bad is this?

asked by Food odyssea about 5 years ago

0bc70c8a e153 4431 a735 f23fb20dda68  sarah chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Hmmm. Not much you can do about it now - just taste it and see :) I once forgot the salt in my pastry crust and it was really noticeable. Perhaps with a lemon cake it won't be as much.

The thing about salt: if you put too much in you can't take it out; if you forget to put it in you can't fix it with a salt shaker.

1dcc7c21 a794 442f 8a5f 1be76ddd7b94  you doodle 2017 02 12t14 57 20z

I did that recently with a batch of oatmeal cookies. They taste better with salt. But what can you do. Just call it an original creation and enjoy!

B00ec2bf 040d 4907 bdf8 9bc77a9e767c  blackbottoms 2

I like your attitude. Cake is just cooling now. Think I will give a taste to my husband and see if he notices anything.

Good news. The cake was a hit. Guess salt isn't necessary in this recipe. Thanks for all your help!!