A question about a recipe: Hunter's-Style Chicken

I have a question about the recipe "Hunter's-Style Chicken" from lastnightsdinner. If I were to make this ahead of time, what would you suggest? Cook it all the way through in the oven, and then just reheat later? I'm worried about the chicken drying out. thanks!

43a34c23 1807 4a34 a037 bfbb38d69d26  011811f 323
Recipe question for: Hunter's-Style Chicken

Nozlee Samadzadeh
Nozlee Samadzadeh October 26, 2012

You can absolutely cook it all the way through and then reheat it later! Actually, the flavors will have had time to meld and deepen -- it'll be even better.

Reheat the stew covered in a very low oven -- think 250 or 300 -- until heated through, and you shouldn't have issues with it drying out.

ChefJune October 26, 2012

This is the American name for Chicken Cacciatore. My mom made it often when I was small, and I make it often now. It's even better the next day. Don't worry about the chicken drying out. I don't ever remember it doing that. Nozlee's suggestion for how to reheat it is spot on.