🔕 🔔

8e1a20a7 1500 40f0 ad58 818107a4b9ad  540434 3765129049943 1219987725 n

They are great roasted or in a pureed soup. Here's a list of sunchoke recipes: http://food52.com/recipes...

B565b377 04f2 4d18 bbcf fd85750084e4  jason wood headshot 2
Jason Wood

Jason is the Culinary Director at Glynwood and is dedicated to sourcing ingredients in a way that preserves our natural environment and local agriculture.

Sunchokes are one of my favorites and I get excited when they pop up at the market. My favorite way to prepare them as a side is roasted. I usually cut them into pieces and boil them in salted water till tender, 15 minutes. After they have cooled I toss them lightly in oil and roast them in the oven till they get crisp. Biggest piece of advise is make sure you rinse them well before starting. Sunchokes are good at hiding dirt like leeks.

Soup is always a winner too. Towards the end of the season I will pickle them. I add whole mustard seed, turmeric, and cayenne to the pickling liquid. They come out a stunning bright yellow.